Friday, May 10, 2013

First Tour - Done!

Yesterday I gave my first tour. I had 38 passengers who needed to get to a harbor 20 miles away, and needed to know many ridiculous things about Juneau. Turns out I'm just the boy for the job. They were lovely people, laughed at the jokes I fumbled my way through, and enjoyed their whale-watching adventure (who wouldn't?). I took them back to their ship, and no one was killed on my watch- SUCCESS! Amandass is giving her first tour as we speak, and she will do great. I made my coworker who was parked with me take this picture at the marina. Thanks Mr. Pasterino.

We have had beautiful weather this week, and I even got a sunburn! It's been a slower week as far as cruise ships go, so I've been able to do marvelous things. Many hikes, walks, and wanders, and today I went canoeing in Tea Bay, ate lunch on a small island, saw a few whales breech in the same inlet we were in, and had a seal swim at us. I can hardly believe people dare live anywhere else, until September at least. 

1 comment: